05 Feb Here and There: 2.4.11
Random musings about the week’s most interesting travel articles…
- You always hear that blondes have more fun. Well, this so-called “fantasy resort” in the Maldives is switching things up a bit and putting the blondies to work. (Huffington Post)
- Instead of giving the kids a coloring book to keep them occupied, hand them a print out of this plane template instead. Who knows, it could be on the side of one of Alaska Airlines 737’s. (Gadling)
- A bioluminescent lake that glows a neon blue? Sign me up! (AOL)
- Season 18 of the Amazing Race is just around the corner. But you don’t have to be an all-star to participate… there are city-wide “amazing” races all over the country! Who wants to be on my team for one of the the DC races??? (Jaunted)
- Hmmm… what to do with all this snow? Oh, I know! Let’s build an igloo out of it. Click the link for step by step instructions. (Washington Post)
- If you had to pay a little extra, would you opt to go on a kid-free flight? I’d say no, until I had a screaming, kicking toddler in the seat behind me, then maybe I’d reconsider. Wait, that’s like every flight I’m on. Oh. (UK Daily Mail)
Travel Destination of the Week: Hong Kong, China
Why? Because the Chinese Lunar New Year began on February 3rd, and they’re bracing for one heck of a party for the next few weeks.
But what if I can’t get to China in time to celebrate? No worries! Check out my post on Gadling.com to find a city a little closer to home where you can join in on the festivities.